On behalf of the Organising Committee, it is our pleasure to invite you to attend Mendeleev-2017, the 10thinternational conference for young chemists, which will be held from 4th to 7th April at Saint-Petersburg State University. Mendeleev-2017 will provide young chemists (aged under 35) an opportunity to present their research and meet scientists working in various fields of chemistry.Official languages of the conference: Russian and English.
The scientific program will consist of plenary lectures given by the leading world scientists and oral and poster presentations of young chemists. Confirmed plenary speakers are akad. RAS, prof. I.P. Beletskaya (Moscow State University), corr. memb. RAS, prof. I.G. Tananaev (RAS A.N. Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry), prof. G. Leuchs (Director of Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light, Germany), prof A. Shevchenko (Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany), prof. S.P. Tunik (Saint-Petersburg State University).
The streams of the conference will be:
- 1 – Chemistry and physics of nanostructures and nanomaterials
- 2 – Polymeric materials: methods of preparation and processing
- 3 – Bioinorganic and medicinal chemistry
- 4 – Computer modelling
- 5 – Modern methods of analytical chemistry
- 6 – Radiochemistry and radioecology
Conference events during Mendeleev 2017
We are glad to announce the 2nd school-conference “Directed design of molecules and materials with programmable properties”, which will be held jointly with A.E. Arbuzov Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry. The main purpose of the school is to spread the knowledge on the rational design and investigation of new molecules and materials with programmable catalytic, luminescent, magnetic, biological and other practically important properties. There will be 15 lectures given by high-level experts in their fields (including five international speakers). Young scientists will have an opportunity to give flash-presentations.
We are also glad to introduce the Innovative project competition during Mendeleev-2017 and masterclasses at the Resource Centers of Saint-Petersburg State University with participation of manufacturers of the leading research equipment.
Traditionally, there will be the best poster and oral presentation competition. Materials of the best presentations, which will be selected by the jury and program committee, will be published in special issues of Russian Journal of General Chemistry and Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Participants with one presentation – 2000 rubles. Early bird rate (24.12.2016) – 1500 rubles.
- Participants without presentations or accompanying person – 1000 rubles.
NB! Members of Mendeleev Russian Chemical Society get 500 ruble discount on the registration.
Participation fee includes:
- Participation in the scientific program
- Materials of the conference (participants’ bag)
- Welcome party
- 17.02.2017 – abstract submission deadline;
- 24.12.2016 – early bird registration deadline;
- 24.02.2017 – standard registration deadline;
- 01.02.2017 ‒ money transfer for the accommodation reservation
Participants who will book accommodation via the conference website will receive transfer to conference venues for free.
Conference materials will be available electronically.
Organizing committee chairman
Prof. Irina A. Balova, director of institute of chemistry, SPbU
Prof. Regina M. Islamova
We are looking forward to meeting you in Saint-Petersburg!